20 Helpful Anxiety Quotes
Below are 20 anxiety quotes that people may find helpful. All of them are written by me and not taken from anywhere else.
- Recovery from anxiety is built on knowledge, not through a technique, mantra or magic pill.
- Feeling uncomfortable when doing something new is not a sign of failure, it is not a signal to withdraw. It is a sign of growth and growth doesn’t occur without feeling uncomfortable. So don’t retreat when feeling uncomfortable, embrace it and realise that something good is happening.
- If you feel sad, allow yourself to feel sad, if you feel anxious, allow yourself to feel anxious, so much suffering is caused by resistance to what is.
- Learning to accept how we feel is the first step to recovery, trying to rid ourselves of discomfort and distress only serves to increase it.
- Remember Anxiety never stops you from doing anything. That is always your choice! I chose to live my life and take it with me. If anxiety tried to stop me doing anything, then I would do it all the more just to show it who was in charge.
- Anxiety is like quicksand, the harder we struggle to escape, the deeper we sink.
- Your anxious energy is not something to get rid of or suppress. The way to be free of this energy is to allow its presence.
- An intrusive/fearful thought is not important; it’s your reaction to it that is. So allow its presence with little to no interest, without the fuel of your interest and belief it doesn’t have the fuel to continue and withers away into nothing.
- Fear doesn’t exist anywhere, but within your mind, the outside is a complete reflection of what you feel inside. So there is no reason to fear or avoid life. If you deal with the inside, then outside will change automatically.
- Allow yourself to fall into any state, trying to force a different state through personal will create more resistance and mental effort and leads to more suffering. What if you didn’t try to feel any different than you do, what would happen then?
- Each time you refuse to hide away and do something, your mind and body will get used to the situation, and your reactions will weaken. The only language your mind understands is your actions.
- The less you obsess and worry about how you feel, the less inward, and more outward you become helping you to reconnect with the world around you.
- Truly no longer care what others think, drop the act, the painted smile, don’t feel the need to convince others that everything is OK. Release that it is okay, not to feel okay.
- When we suffer from anxiety, we have far more imaginary problems than real ones.
- Suddenly feel overwhelmed? Don’t analyse, react or try to make sense of it, just allow it to wash over you and it will run its course.
- We feel that if we stop struggling with our inner state that nothing will change when in reality the opposite is true. Does a broken leg or a cut finger not heal faster when left alone?
- Don’t avoid life so as not to feel anxiety; you can never be free of what you refuse to feel.
- Anxiety is just excess energy; you have to allow yourself to feel this energy to be free of it, this is why techniques always fail, as they are all built on suppression.
- Fears are never as bad as we fear when faced, their growl often turns into a whimper, it’s our imagination that makes us think differently.
- Allowing is not to gain freedom from something, but the freedom to allow anything.
Here you will find more helpful tips on anxiety