Many people email me and ask if many things are symptoms of anxiety. Well I had plenty of symptoms through my own suffering. The main thing is to put them all under the umbrella of anxiety and don't separate them into individual problems. When my anxiety left me then so did all the symptoms I went through. I did not come through and be left with this symptom or that symptom. Far too many people try and deal and worry with each one separately, which puts far more strain on themselves. If you are unsure if you do suffer from any anxiety issues, I have listed many of the most common symptoms below.
Symptoms of anxiety
- Blurred Vision, eye floaters.
- Shortness of Breath.
- Difficulty swallowing, lump in throat.
- Headaches, tight band around head.
- Pins and needles feeling in arms and legs.
- Feeling dizzy, unbalanced.
- Feelings of anxiousness and dread.
- Unable to think clearly.
- Feeling like you are going crazy.
- Emotionless, lack of feeling for anyone or anything.
- Ringing ears.
- Hyperawareness of oneself.
- Strange, obsessive thoughts.
- Feeling overwhelmed, cannot cope.
- Racing heart.
- Lack of sleep.
- Difficulty communicating with others.
- Lack of sex drive.
- Fear of being sick.
- Feelings of anxiousness.
- Constantly Irritable.
- Feelings of depression.
- Feeling unreal, detached from the world around you.
- Hyperactive, unable to relax.
- Lack of energy, constantly tired.
- No interest in life.
- Paranoia about what people think.
- Constantly worrying.
- Dry mouth.
These are the most common symptoms of anxiety, there are many more I have come across. But if you can relate to more than a couple of the above then it is very likely that you suffer from anxiety. There is no need to be tricked into thinking anything else is wrong.
If you do suffer from the above, don't despair too much. You now have a name for what you are experiencing. Anxiety cannot harm you or cause long term damage. Recovery is all about knowledge, and understanding why you feel like you do, and what is keeping you in the cycle. I was about as bad as they get and there are very few symptoms above that I did not feel. But I did come through and so can anyone with the right help and information, I have seen it too many times to say otherwise.